So, Thesis! It's all put together and handed in, and now I have no idea what to do with myself since I have free time again. I slept a lot today; it was awesome.
About eight days ago, I was finishing up the digital files of my cleaned up artwork and plugging them into the InDesign file. Exactly a week ago, this is what my project looked like:
You can't tell, but that stack of paper on the right is, like, two inches tall. Over 1,000 pages, Baby!
But early last Wednesday morning, I was looking at these beautiful babies! The spines are cardstock, doubled on itself and glued directly to the book-binding cloth, which in turn is glued directly into the sewn-together signatures.
THEN, I cut down 12 pieces of faux-microsuede and got nine viable screenprints of the cover design out of them! I didn't take a picture of either that step or the ensuing steps of gluing together the bookboards and guts, because I was operating on autopilot at that point, but of the books themselves I've got pictures a-plenty!
It looks so much better than the dummy, haha--and that was a version that won me a cut of the April Fog Memorial Scholarship!
What should have been a moment of triumph turned into a version of Sophie's Choice, albeit with somewhat fewer Nazis.
Thursday night and early Friday morning was spent facetrimming Parts I and II for sale at MoCCA--
Here seen with the lovely Donna Almendrala!
Our table was the best! And the only one with an orange tablecloth. That was really a sheet. Which Donna and I found for $1.26.
I also got to try Bubble Tea for the first time!